Thursday 27 March 2014

#73: Clean out closet

There are few things more satisfying than knowing your house/flat is throughly clean, your wardrobe edited and your clothes organised. The hard part is actually finding the time and doing the cleaning out. Post break up this can be a particularly hard task if you stay in the place you shared with your Ex because a half empty closet is one of the starkest reminders that your Ex has literally moved on.
Photo credit: alex Hinds / Shutterstock
I suddenly found myself with more closet space than I could ever imagine as the removal of the Ex's clothes effectively doubled my wardrobe. Worse, I also had to take care of the unclaimed, discarded clothes that were left behind for me to deal with after the Ex formally moved out.

I admire the bold ones who throw their Ex's clothes in a bag and leave outside for them to pick up. Frankly, I always liked the idea of tossing clothes and shoes out a window.


I, however, nicely boxed up my Ex's entire belongings and even labeled the boxes -- because that's the kind of person I am. I'm sure the new GF found my labels very helpful in arranging the lovebirds' new place...but I digress.

Day 8: Clothes on Hangers
Photo credit: alankcrain / flickr
Having cleaned out my Ex's clothes, it was then over to my own. Having lost so much weight, I found I had clothes that were 3-4 sizes too big and even with my Ben & Jerry's addiction I was unlikely to expand into any time soon so out they went. It's strange now opening the cupboards and seeing more empty space than clothes, but I'm sure I'll find a way to fill it up in time. (Another item on my list is to get new clothes/update my wardrobe after all. Now I have room for it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment