Monday 8 December 2014

#181: Spend a morning lazily reading the Sunday papers

This was another one of my 'get out of jail free' cards when I originally made my list. Being somewhat lazy and intellectual by nature, I would regularly while away hours (days?) reading the papers on the sofa in my previous life. I put this on the list to give me an out and not feel guilty about doing something simple that I enjoy.
For me there is something soothing about reading an actual paper (as opposed to internet version). Flipping through the crisp new pages and throwing a now-crumpled section on the floor after reading it cover to cover.

Fast forward a year, however, and I actually have made very little time for such simple pleasures as I've been out and about doing more 'exciting' things. So this is one I’m happy to have made time for again.
Photo: Alistair Scott, Lightwavemedia: Shutterstock

No comments:

Post a Comment