Saturday 27 December 2014

#191: Go to a strip club

I'm not sure why this is on my list. In fact if I thought about the negative social and ethical aspects around supporting this activity I definitely would not do this. I think it was on my list because I've long been curious what happens in these places and what it's really like and so when I put my list together I thought this was one of the things I doubted I'd ever be brave or bold enough to do.

When I lived in New York it was not uncommon for girls to join their male friends going to Scores or some other higher-end 'gentleman's club', but I was too much of a wimp and always made my way home instead. But that was before the days of Miley Cyrus twerking in prime time. Rightly or wrongly, sexy dancing/stripping has become main stream and so I thought that it was time to see what all the fuss is about.

I have to say that, while I had a fun evening, that was down to the company of the friends that joined me, not because I actually enjoyed the experience itself.

Anyway, it was certainly an experience.

1 comment:

  1. I did this as well actually. My friends and and I went to a male strip club which is above the female club so we went downstairs after a while and it was one of the strangest experiences of my life. Either way, I don't regret it but I don't think I'll be doing it again ...

    ReplyDelete