Saturday 1 March 2014

#214: Go to a Farmers Market

When I lived in New York, I looked forward to farmer's market days at the World Trade Center, which was across the street from where I worked at the time. (and, yes, I was there that day.) I could grab fresh fruit and veg, along with an Amish Pie -- Point of clarification: these were pie baked by the Pennsylvania Amish who would then sell them in NYC. They were not pies of Amish people! I also loved the (non-alcoholic) Apple Cider and apple cider donuts, and when I was in hard school at NYU I spent many Saturday mornings at the Union Square Farmers Market before and after class.
My normal grocery shop just isn't the same. It's not quite an event like going to a Farmer's Market. I've long been meaning to seek out a local market, but again, haven't really gotten around to it until now. I can attest that it was well worth it, even if all I bought was homemade soup. I'll definitely be back.




1 comment:

  1. Love farmers' markets! Great people, food, community atmosphere. The one in NY sounds awesome! Especially those pies.

    If you'd like to read my perspective on the markets, here's my post: http://wp.me/p3ErRy-iU

    Your blog is a lot of fun. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete