Sunday 16 March 2014

#223: Article about my Break Up List in Huffington Post

Ok, I’m cheating a little with this one. I never actually had this on my List exactly. But when I was asked for an interview, I thought why not. This also covers off indirectly a few other items on the list like, Be more spontanteous and When the head says don’t, do it anyway.

I was apprehensive about someone doing a story about me and my List, primarily because it’s something that is so personal and, while this is obviously a public blog, it is also something I’m not sure I’m comfortable talking about publicly. It’s a lot easier to do my list and write about it when I think no one is paying attention. Allison, the author of the article, assured me that she’d do my story justice and that as a divorce mediator she thought that my story could help other people going through a split.

It was under that premise that I agree to be interviewed and the resulting story was the lead story of the Huffington Post’s (US version) Divorce section. So I think it deserves to go on the List.

1 comment:

  1. Ali, I love your list! I had done a buck list too after my divorce and didn't realize it was a way to cope from a failed relationship. (And why did I stay so long?) It also gave me so much more freedom to do the things I really wanted to do. The first thing I did was redo much of my house and that felt wonderful to have a freshly painted clean house (he was a smoker).

    ReplyDelete