Saturday 5 April 2014

#232: Take a cooking class

While I'm comfortable around a BBQ, I'm not very confident in the kitchen, particularly with fish. I like fish but I have my staples of easy bake and pan fry recipes that I go back to time and again because I don't know anything different. For years I've wanted to know more about how to cut and cook fish and so I finally booked myself on a cooking class to tackle this list item.
 And I'm so glad I did! I signed up for a cooking class at L'atelier des Chefs and I have to say it was one of the best things I could have done. In addition to learning 3 great fish recipes in a hands-on cooking class, I also learned some practical knife skills like how to fillet Dover Sole and Sea Bream and how to clean a Squid.
The end result was Grilled Calamari with Thai dipping sauce, steamed baked Sea Bream and Sole Goujons. Fantastic! (If I do say so myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment