Thursday 24 April 2014

#237: Spontaneous road trip to an out of town party

Do you remember when you were young and just did things because they sounded like fun? Before adult life and responsibilities took hold and you found yourself with weekend plans scheduled weeks, if not months, in advance?

When I was younger, I didn't bat an eyelid about driving 3 hours to a friends house for a spur of the moment party. Somehow as I've gotten older I've lost a bit of spontaneity as if I couldn't possibly do something unless it was thought out and well planned weeks in advance.

But I'm not going to meet people and expand my horizons if I say no and hide away at home. So when a new friend invited me and another friend to Brighton for her birthday party I knew this was on my list and immediately said yes. It's amazing what can be sorted out last minute. We found a place to stay and got to enjoy a brilliant party. Best of all I got to meet new people that someday I also hope to call my friends. It reminded me of the first days of University, lots of fun and excitement, new and old friends mixing together just enjoying a fun day out.

Sometimes you just need to say yes, take your chances and see what life has in store...

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely, positively, YES! Some of the best times are had with some of the least planning involved. Good for you. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete